Finding Relevant Moving Information Online
While an internet search can yield some helpful results, it can sometimes be difficult to sift through everything and find the information that is truly helpful. To help streamline that process, we’ve curated a list of some of the most helpful resources available online; some general and some specific to a particular branch of the service.
- Army Family Programs & Resources – Find general information about family programs and moving resources, as well as helpful links regarding sponsorship, regulations, and general moving.
- Air Force Family Readiness Guide (PDF) – An easy to use quick reference guide for Air Force families that includes both regional and nationwide resources. The guide has a wealth of information about education and helping children of military families adjust to moving.
- CNIC Family Readiness – The Fleet and Family Support Program offers services to Navy families across a wide spectrum of categories, including the Federal Emergency Response Program. You can find regional offices for the FFSP here, both for CONUS and OCONUS relocation.
- Marine & Family Programs Division – A family readiness program for the Marine Corps that has relevant information about life skills, deployment support, education and preparation.
- Coast Guard Office of Work-Life Programs – A wide-ranging resource from the U.S. Coast Guard, the Office of Work-Life Programs covers everything from health care, child care, mental health issues, and relocation assistance. You can learn more about their Relocation Assistance Program here.
- Military One Source (Moving) – A catchall for general military moving tips, advice and links, Military One Source has information about military spouse and family issues, moving and sponsorship, and how to deal with the stress that comes with moving. A great place to start your research if you’re not sure what the next step is, or if you need help understanding what resources are available to you.
- DoD Transition Information – The Department of Defense also has an excellent list of links for military families. Topics covered include family support centers, relocation assistance, family counseling, career programs, employment resources and much more.
- PCS & General Moving Tips – Military.com has a good resource that addresses issues of moving, buying and selling a home, renting, the Defense Personal Property System (DPS), and vehicle registration procedures.